North Market Coffee Roast
Saturday, March 23, 2013
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR ON SATURDAY MORNING
There’s plans brewing for a return of the wildly successful North Market Coffee Roast on Saturday, March 23 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The fabulous crew from last year will be on hand and we have added two local roasters to the roster this year: LTown Coffee from London and Hemisphere Coffeewho roasts in Mechanicsburg, but also operates out of a food cart on Indianola. Providing “Coffee Relief” in the form of a self-serve station, Boston Stoker from Dayton is adding to the festivities. This year’s event promises to be brimming with flavorful coffee samples and educational opportunities for attendees. The Coffee Roast is supported by A Touch of Earth and Columbus Crave Magazine.
Participating local roasters include: Backroom Coffee Roasters (Upper Arlington), Bexley Coffee Shop (Bexley), Boston Stoker (Dayton), Café Brioso (Downtown), Crimson Cup Coffee (Clintonville), Hemisphere Coffee (Mechanicsburg/Clintonville), Impero Coffee (Short North), LTown Coffee (London), One Line Coffee (Columbus), Silver Bridge Coffee Company (Gallipolis), Stauf’s Coffee Roasters (Grandview), Thunderkiss Coffee (Columbus) and Upper Cup Coffee (Olde Town East). Representatives from each roaster will be on hand to answers questions about their coffees and techniques. What goes better with coffee than milk? Hartzler Family Dairy and Snowville Creamery will also be on hand to offer a splash of dairy (maybe chocolate milk for a mocha) in your cup of java if that’s how you prefer yours.
We will host two sampling sessions on March 23, the first from 9 a.m. – 11a.m. and a second from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Admission at the door will be $12. Coupons good for $2 off same day admission will be available at all participating coffee roasters. Admission fee includes a souvenir coffee mug and a passport to sample coffee from 12 of our participating roasters. Admission to North Market and the demonstrations is free.
North Market Coffee Roast
Schedule of Activities:
• 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Coffee Roast demonstrations and self-serve coffee in the Dispatch Kitchen
• 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., “Open Bar”, practice with a professional Barista on one of two espresso machines in the Dispatch Kitchen
• 9-11 a.m., live music by Ira Chaiffetz (banjo)
• 11 -11:45 a.m., demonstration: “Comparative Tasting: Profiling and Regional Differences” in the Dispatch Kitchen with Dave Eldridge and Brandon Bir of Crimson Cup Coffee
• 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., live music by Ian Hummel (singer, guitarist)
• 1-3 p.m., live music by Dan Heidt (singer, guitarist)
• 1 – 2 p.m., Home Roasters Competition, judged by Chris Bishop of Backroom Coffee Roasters, Henry Dean of Boston Stoker, Dave Eldridge of Crimson Cup Coffee, Joe Timmons of LTown Coffee, Lorraine Walker of Silver Bridge Coffee Company and Tommy Goetz of Stauf’s Coffee Roasters. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
• 3-5 p.m., live music by Steve Harper (guitar)